I have grand thoughts for this blog. I made an outline today of everything that I would love to remember down the road on what is happening in our life or should I say how God is shaping us for what he has planned for our future.
Here is the list I came up with.
1. My personal bible study. I'm going through Proverbs and would like to note things that I feel I'm learning as I go along. In the fall I'll be beginnig BSF (Bible Study Fellowship) and would love to share what both the kids and I are learning as we go through the Book of John.
2. Homeschooling. We've decided to do Homeschool Preschool this year to see what we think. I've done some research (there is a ton out there) and think this may be the best option for the family.
3. We're in the process of Selling our home and looking for a new home for us. We had found the home that we loved but it was just taken off the market this week. I'm very bummed, but since we don't have a buyer there is no reason to become attached to anything in the first place. Also, wanting to share some of the stories we have from selling, like strange people coming through our home or trying to green up the lawn, etc.
4. Book Reviews. Josh and I are always reading new books and would love to just jot down my thoughts as I read them. We also read lots of children's books and would love to share my thoughts on those as well.
5. Greece/Israel Trip. We leave on our trip in less than two weeks. I would love to share thoughts about how we're preparing for Grandma and Grandpa to come and journal our trip along the way.
6. Family. There are so many things I could share here. Tomorrow is the anniversary of my mom's death. I don't really know what to think, but know that I'm sad that she missed Isaac's second birthday. She never got to meet Isaac. He was due to be born the day after the first anniversary of her death. She loved children and I wish so much she could see them grow. Some other topics in the family category I would love to share is the planning for Ali's 4th birthday in October (crazy, I know.); we hired a financial advisor and am going through the insurance process and do our medical exam on Saturday, we also just opened up college funds for the kids; and the planning for the timing of our next child. Josh does do monthly updates for our family so I'll include those as well.
7. My Husband. He is quite an incredible man. I never dreamed that we would be where we are now and this is an area where I have no trouble seeing the blessing that God has provided for me in my husband. He begins school on Sunday and his schedule is going to be crazy! I would love to share my struggle with knowing exactly how to help him and how to best love him.
8. Home Business. Last month I began a home business where I can make Baby Announcements, Invitations, Graduation Announcements, Holiday Cards, etc. I'm so excited to see where this takes me. I'm working on my creativity and hoping to build a good client base through the holidays. I want to try this out until Spring to see what comes of it. I really enjoy it, especially being able to share in other peoples lives as they celebrate special moments in their life.
9. Other hobbies. I love interior design and any kind of craft making. I made a few decoupage wall hangings and have sewn a few t-shirts as gifts for some of Ali and Isaac's friends.
Obviously, I would be writing all the time if I wrote about all of these. So, for now, I'll just post the monthly family update and see where that takes me.